Community building is an essential part of any successful business. Whether you are a company, organization, or individual with a product to offer the world, building connections is key to success. To do this successfully online requires that you engage in a variety of activities and take active steps to keep your community engaged over time. In this article we will explore some ways for how you can build your social media community in order to create lasting connections and reap the benefits of having an active following!
1. Build your social media community daily with great content
Begin by setting a goal for yourself to post at least once a day, and try to make your posts more interactive with better images and more detailed information. Posting on different platforms will help you reach different audiences as well. Lastly, don’t forget that it is very important to answer questions or respond to comments from followers. Here are some helpful tips:
- Be consistent in posting multiple times per day. Share content that is interesting to share in order to get people talking about you and what you have to offer
- Focus on visuals – create engaging images with text overlays or video content.
- Don’t forget about evergreen content! Make sure you’re tweeting about your company’s products, giving away prizes, and creating blog posts
- Get creative with photos by adding creative filters, stickers, frames, and illustrations. You can also play around with taking photos and recording videos in different environments for a unique look
- Make sure to respond and engage with customers on social media – this is one of the most important ways to build relationships with your community.
- Be sure to tag your page when you post on other sites, whether it’s Twitter, Instagram, Google+, etc. – this will get more people to view the content you’re posting
2. Engage with your community in new ways and take active steps to keep your community engaged over time
There are many different ways to keep your community engaged. Here are some of the most effective ways that you can do this:
- Check your social media platforms for comments and questions from other users. Answer their queries or reply with a comment!
- Create an email newsletter with informative articles that are relevant to your brand; people enjoy receiving company news via email
- Create videos or GIFs and include captions that help tell the story behind it
- Publish blog posts that highlight useful content or interesting facts. Make it easy to share by adding social sharing links!
These are just some of the ways that you can build your community online by getting active and engaging others. Building these connections is key to business success so be sure to take steps everyday towards building a dedicated following!
3. Create long lasting connections
One of the best ways that you can achieve a true sense of personal connection with your community is to ask them questions about themselves. The obvious question to ask first here is their name, but you can also dig a little bit deeper and ask fun or personal questions. For example, you can ask what their favorite childhood memory is or something similar to that; it makes the other person feel really great when you take an interest in them and their life! Beyond this, you could also offer up some insight into your own life and share things that are private with others; while it may be scary at first, it will make them trust you even more and feel a lot closer to you as a result.
Another way that you can create strong relationships with those in your community is to make them feel important and welcome. One way that you can do this is by giving away gifts (like free ebooks or paid services) to people who subscribe to your platform; this will help improve the relationships because they now feel appreciated, which makes it more likely for them to engage with your content.
A great example of Standout Authority building long lasting connections is with Antonia Gimenez. She attended our private John Assaraf LinkedIn session for his community and accepted our challenge. During the presentation we asked people to post everyday for 5 days in a row, and tag me and my wife Rachel B. Lee. Over 100 people were on that call and Antonia took on our challenge and posted everyday for 5 days! This is the essence of creating content and building community.
Antonia Gimenez is a #1 international bestselling and multi-award winning author. She is also a well -recognized strategy execution expert with a strong track record of more than two decades helping business leaders, from entrepreneurs to enterprise executives to help them to build a disruptive business that differentiates them from their competitors. By focussing on the execution, they have been able to overcome the current 70 percent failure rate for strategic transformation projects. She is founder and CEO of Execute the Future Limited, a consulting firm based in London.
In order to build a successful social media community, you need to engage with followers and create lasting connections. The best way to do this is through visuals such as photos, videos or GIFs that are interesting and engaging. You can also offer prizes in giveaways on your blog posts or use relevant hashtags when posting content so it’s easily found by others who may be interested in what you have to say! If all of these ideas seem overwhelming for you, we’re here, ready and waiting at the other end of an email (or phone call) if you want help crafting compelling social media content that drives engagement.
Which idea from this article has worked well for your company? Let us know in the comments below!
Mark Your Calendar –
You know that saying ‘Content is King’. Well, we think quality content is Queen ????
We’re flooded with so much content everyday that it’s hard to even think.
How do you create content everyday that’s meaningful for your audience?
How do you get quality engagement through that content?
If you answered yes to any of these than you don’t want to miss our 3 events this week:
Tuesday, August 24th 3:30pmCST
· WERK Your Brand Clubhouse room- ‘ Content Creation – why are you so stuck?!’????
Friday, August 27th 10:00amCST
· LinkedIn LIVE with Rachel B. Lee featuring Geoffrey Colon, Head of Brand Studio at Microsoft Advertising
Friday, August 27th 11:00amCST
· LinkedIn Authority Accelerator Clubhouse room –‘Getting engagement – LinkedIn algorithm ????
LinkedIn Authority Accelerator Masterclass
Ready to build your personal brand, influence and engagement on LinkedIn in under 3 hours?
Get access to all the tips and tricks on LinkedIn to:
✔️ Find, define, and refine your personal and company brands.
✔️ Optimize your profile(s) to get thousands of views
✔️ Increased visibility of your posts that will get tons of engagement
✔️ Grow your network by adding tens of thousands of quality followers.
✔️Create compelling content to engage with your audience.
✔️Leverage that content to create more client opportunities.
You’ll learn how to be HUMAN online without every selling. We’ve leveraged our Engagement Methodology to land major clients, get book sales, jobs and more.